Certificate IV in Disability
National Code: CHC43115 | CRICOS Code: 094033B
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and clients’ homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing.
Job roles that may be available to you after successful completion of the course include:
- Behavioural Support Officer
- Community Development Officer
- Day Support Disability Officer
- Disabilities Supervisor
- Disability Service Officer
- Disability Support Assistant (Schools)
- Disability Team Leader
- Job Coordinator
- Lifestyle Support Officer
- Local Area Coordinator
- Marketing Coordinator (Disability)
- Project Officer
- Senior Disability Worker
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
- Social Educator (Disability)
- Social Trainer
- Support Facilitator (Disability)
- Students must be 18 years of age or over.
- Students are required to successfully complete the Language Literacy and Numeracy test and achieve Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework across reading, writing, learning, oral communication and numeracy skill. Prospective International students who provide an IELTS of 5.5 or its equivalent will be deemed as meeting the English language entry requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete a pre-training review interview to determine student’s suitability for the chosen course.
- Students are required to be physically fit to carry out some tasks as required by the course.
- Students are required to have access to a computer and internet in order to complete assessments and read information on the units of competency.
- Additional entry requirements may apply to specific qualifications.
Learning: 44 weeks
Holidays: 8 weeks
All costs associated with work placement including the list in the Work Placement section is the responsibility of the student.
You will be responsible for finding an accredited/approved facility for the work placement component. Once you have found the facility the RTO will assist you to finalise this arrangement. The RTO will also engage with the facility on your behalf to ensure it meets the workplace requirements for your supervision, insurance and assessment.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT PAID WORK.
Students will be required to pay additional costs associated with work placements including:
- Work placement fee may be charged by the host employer (if applicable)
- Uniforms for participation in workplace: Long black pants, black enclosed shoes
Before the work placement can be done, you will need the following:
- National Police Check (may require one from your country)
- Copy of your up-to-date immunisation (if requested by employer)
- Flu Vaccines (highly recommended)
- Hep B Vaccines (highly recommended)
- CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services
- CHC53315 – Diploma of Mental Health
- 11 core units
- 3 elective units
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
CHCDIS005 Develop and provide person-centred service responses
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
CHCDIS009 Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
CHCDIS010 Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
BSBWOR204 Use business technology
CHCADV002 Provide advocacy and representation services
CHCDIS004 Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication strategies
- Written activities
- Case studies
- Role plays / observations
- Practical work placement
Click the button below and you will be redirected to the Australian Healthcare College Study Loans page. You will be guided through the steps to begin the application process for your study loan.
If your application is successful, we will send you a Letter of Offer including all the enrolment conditions. When you accept it and return a signed copy, we will secure your place in your chosen course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer is offered at the time of enrolment. For additional information relating to RPL or Credit Transfer for this course, please contact us.
Do you need to improve your English?
If you don’t have the required 5.5 IELTS score for your course and need help with your English language skills before you start your course, why not start your studies with our sister organisation Australian English of English Language (AIEL)? Speak to our Course Advisors to build your study package today.