Diploma of Community Services
National Code: CHC52015 | CRICOS Code: 097858C
This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, coordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management.
Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals and may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
Australian Healthcare College (AHC) is offering a Community Services Industry Pathway for international students for limited time.
Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) + Diploma of Community Services (CHC52015) = AUD $19,000
*Conditions apply. This offer is only available to students who are onshore in Australia.
Job roles that may be available to you after successful completion of the course include:
- Aboriginal Housing Worker
- Aboriginal Neighbourhood House Coordinator
- Assistant Community Services Worker
- Assistant Community Worker
- Care Team Leader
- Case Coordinator (Community Services)
- Case Coordinator (Disability)
- Community Access Coordinator
- Community Care Manager
- Community Development Worker for Social Housing
- Community Housing Resources Worker
- Community Housing Worker
- Community Program Coordinator
- Community Recreation Coordinator
- Community Services Coordinator
- Community Work Coordinator Community Worker
- Coordinator of Volunteer Work
- Disability Team Leader
- Early Intervention Worker
- Family Services Coordinator
- Family Support Worker
- Housing Assistant
- Housing Manager
- Pastoral Care Counsellor
- Pastoral Care Worker
- Senior Youth Worker
- Support Facilitator (Community Services)
- Support Facilitator (Disability)
- Team Leader
- Welfare Support Worker
- Youth Housing Support Worker
- Students must be 18 years of age or over.
- Students are required to successfully complete the Language Literacy and Numeracy test and achieve Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework across reading, writing, learning, oral communication and numeracy skill. Prospective International students who provide an IELTS of 5.5 or its equivalent will be deemed as meeting the English language entry requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete a pre-training review interview to determine student’s suitability for the chosen course.
- Students are required to be physically fit to carry out some tasks as required by the course.
- Working within the community services industry or gain vocational work placement at a regulated community facility.
- Students must have a National Police Check
- Having access to the following is desirable for the successful completion of assessments and for research purposes:
- Desktop computer, laptop or tablet
- Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- A web camera and a speaker
- Access to software to view online videos and images, such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo
Viewer, which are available as a download from the internet.
Students will be required to pay additional costs associated with work placements including:
- Obtaining satisfactory Police Checks required prior to commencing work placement.
- Uniforms for participation in work placement which include – polo shirt, long black pants and black closed in, non-slip shoes will be required which students will either need to provide or purchase at their own cost.
In addition to the items where a participant is not working within the industry sector of the selected course, the following additional fees may apply subject to the Vocational Placement Requirements of the program.
- Police check: $54.60
CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
AHC courses are pathways to Australian universities.
The qualifications offered by AHC are recognised Nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework. Most Australian universities provide Credit toward undergraduate degrees for holders of AQF qualifications. Please enquire at your preferred University for applicable Credit.
This course may be recognised by universities to provide credit toward an undergraduate degree of up to 1 year. Please refer to your preferred university. Further study can open pathways to progress towards a career in Nursing, Program Coordinator, and Aged Care Management positions.
- 8 core units
- 8 elective units
CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
CHCADV002 Provide advocacy and representation services
CHCCDE011 Implement community development strategies
CHCCSL002 Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
CHCDFV006 Counsel clients affected by domestic and family violence
CHCGRP002 Plan and conduct group activities
CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
CHCMHS013 Implement trauma informed care
CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- Written activities
- Case studies
- Role plays / observations
- Practical work placement
Click the button below and you will be redirected to the Australian Healthcare College Study Loans page. You will be guided through the steps to begin the application process for your study loan.
Do you need to improve your English?
If you don’t have the required 5.5 IELTS score for your course and need help with your English language skills before you start your course, why not start your studies with our sister organisation Australian English of English Language (AIEL)? Speak to our Course Advisors to build your study package today.