Diploma of Community Services
National Code: CHC52015 | CRICOS Code: 097858C
This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, coordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities. To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 100 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
Australian Healthcare College (AHC) is offering a Community Services Industry Pathway for international students for limited time.
Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) + Diploma of Community Services (CHC52015) = AUD $19,000
*Conditions apply. This offer is only available to students who are onshore in Australia.
Job roles that may be available to you after successful completion of the course include:
- Aboriginal Housing Worker
- Aboriginal Neighbourhood House Coordinator
- Assistant Community
- Services Worker
- Assistant Community Worker
- Care Team Leader
- Case Coordinator (Community Services)
- Case Coordinator (Disability)
- Community Access Coordinator
- Community Care Manager
- Community Development Worker for Social Housing
- Community Housing Resources Worker
- Community Housing Worker
- Community Program Coordinator
- Community Recreation Coordinator
- Community Services Coordinator
- Community Work
- Coordinator Community Worker
- Coordinator of Volunteer Work
- Disability Team Leader
- Early Intervention Worker
- Family Services Coordinator
- Family Support Worker
- Housing Assistant
- Housing Manager
- Pastoral Care Counsellor
- Pastoral Care Worker
- Senior Youth Worker
- Support Facilitator (Community Services)
- Support Facilitator (Disability)
- Team Leader
- Welfare Support Worker
- Youth Housing Support Worker
- Students must be 18 years of age or over.
- Students are required to successfully complete the Language Literacy and Numeracy test and achieve Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework across reading, writing, learning, oral communication and numeracy skill. Prospective International students who provide an IELTS of 5.5 or its equivalent will be deemed as meeting the English language entry requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete a pre-training review interview to determine student’s suitability for the chosen course.
- Students are required to be physically fit to carry out some tasks as required by the course.
- Students are required to have access to a computer and internet in order to complete assessments and read information on the units of competency.
- Additional entry requirements may apply to specific qualifications.
Learning: 91 weeks
Holidays: 16 weeks
All costs associated with work placement including the list in the Work Placement section is the responsibility of the student.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT PAID WORK.
Students will be required to pay additional costs associated with work placements including:
- Work placement fee may be charged by the host employer (if applicable)
- Uniforms for participation in workplace: Long black pants, black enclosed shoes
Before the work placement can be done, you will need the following:
- National Police Check (may require one from your country)
- Blue Card or Working with Children Check (depends on Australian States Requirements)
- Complete the form as a student with our administration team
- No cost for application as a student
- Copy of your up-to-date immunisation (if requested by employer)
- Flu Vaccines (highly recommended)
- Hep B Vaccines (highly recommended)
- CHC62015 – Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
- Further study options can open pathways to progress towards a career in nursing and positions as a Program Coordinator, and Aged Care Management.
- 8 core units
- 8 elective units
CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
CHCADV002 Provide advocacy and representation services
CHCCDE011 Implement community development strategies
CHCCSL002 Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
CHCDFV006 Counsel clients affected by domestic and family violence
CHCGRP002 Plan and conduct group activities
CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
CHCMHS013 Implement trauma informed care
CHCCSM006 Provide case management supervision
- Written activities
- Case studies
- Role plays / observations
- Practical work placement
Click the button below and you will be redirected to the Australian Healthcare College Study Loans page. You will be guided through the steps to begin the application process for your study loan.
If your application is successful, we will send you a Letter of Offer including all the enrolment conditions. When you accept it and return a signed copy, we will secure your place in your chosen course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer is offered at the time of enrolment. For additional information relating to RPL or Credit Transfer for this course, please contact us.
Do you need to improve your English?
If you don’t have the required 5.5 IELTS score for your course and need help with your English language skills before you start your course, why not start your studies with our sister organisation Australian English of English Language (AIEL)? Speak to our Course Advisors to build your study package today.